||Assistant Professor of
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Bibb Graves 214C/205.652.5417
||Dr. Lynn Allyson Kelley is an assistant
professor at the University of West Alabama. She has taught
grades preschool through college over the past 34 years. Dr.
Kelley has published both practice and research manuscripts
based on her work with young children and pre-service teachers.
Her research interests include the following: studentís
questions, parent involvement, constructivist teaching, and
working with pre-service teachers.
- Doctor of Education University of Alabama 2009
- Educational Specialist University of Alabama 2002
- Master of Arts University of Alabama 1999
- Bachelor of Science University of Alabama 1976
- CE 632
Excellence in Teaching Committee, Campus School, Early
Childhood, Lesson Plan, Creative Scheduling
Democratic Education, studentís questions, parent involvement,
constructivist teaching, and working with pre-service teachers.
Research on Democratic Education
- Kelley, L. A. & Moriarty, A. F. (2010). Notable trade
book lesson plan: What a family. Social Studies Research &
- Sunal, C. S., Sunal, D. W., Ross, S., & Kelley, L. A.
(2010). Notable trade book lesson plan: A little peace.
Social Studies Research & Practice, 5(1), 166-171.
- Elementary School Students Express Their Perceptions of
Democratic Citizenship Through Learner-generated Drawings,
College and University Faculty Assembly, National Council of
the Social Studies, 11/11/2010.
Recent Notable Works:
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Alabama,
Office of Research and Teaching in the Disciplines,2009
||Serves as chair of the Early Childhood/
Elementary Education Community for the National Council of the